What's the bare minimum?

Forum to speak about the last game of the trilogy.

What's the bare minimum?

Postby Random Ass Man » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:00 am

Hey guys...this forum looks a little dead, but I hope someone answers this.

I played 3T once and got 100% rank but then my comp crashed and had to redo everything.

I am playing this time to get both the speed and ultimate ranks at once, and save the world exploring bits for later. But I need this question answered or I will not be able to get the speed rank at all.

1: Which Gems (Blue, Red, Green, and Yellow ones from the temples) do I actually HAVE to get to beat the game? I remember one or two of them was necessary to get some of the crystals for unlocking the Goddess temple.

2: Do I also need to beat the second quest to get the ultimate rank?

Essentially I am asking what is expendable in this game. the Ultimate rank for 3T I notice you can only have 12 hearts (but that means you have to purposely not get a heart container or two in the dungeons) can't get a bottle (ouch!!!) and cannot die. Less brutal on the defense compared to the ult ranks of ROTH and OLB, but still pretty tough.

I clocked in 30+ hours on this game the first time I played it. Cutting that down to 7 doesn't sound too hard at first...I got all three achievements in both ROTH and OLB, but considering the trading sequences and how expansive 3T is in terms of exploration, speeding through it seems very difficult. Heck...even just TWO worlds in 3T is already bigger than LTTP!

Anybody got any tips on a effective speed run?

I clocked in just over an hour and just beat the temple of Wisdom...just one to go.
Random Ass Man

Re: What's the bare minimum?

Postby Random Ass Man » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:54 am

OK....I have a problem...I don't think I am going to make it.

I remember "relatively" what I am supposed to do, but not exactly. I spent an hour getting the frosty rock just to get in the third dungeon...too long...damn me!
I do believe that this game is too precise...do I really have talk to people over and over just to get a trigger. This game looks like LTTP but plays like an RPG...not a good mix if I say so. But that's

In ROTH and OLB I got the 100% and speed at the same time. I don't see that being possible in seven hours.

Vincent? to your knowledge, has anyone besides you or your play testers got all the achievements?

Also, I am planning a review of the trilogy and post it on here if your ok with that...I just notice that there are no reviews/critiques on this forum, and I think it would be nice to start one.
Random Ass Man

Return to Zelda 3T