Correcting and bugs

Forum to speak about the first game of the trilogy.

Correcting and bugs

Postby Lobaluz » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi ! I'm Lobaluz, I am the co-administrator of this forum and I was in charge of the translation of Zelda ROTH. Unfortunately I'm french, and not bilingual at all.
So even if I made the texts checked by one of my teachers (thanks to her), there are probably mistakes or somethings that would be said better. Besides, my teacher was absolutely not a fan of Zelda, and I just now the french version of Zelda, so it may be some mistakes in the names etc.

This topic is here for you, if you see mistakes and if you want to correct them or you can also use this topic if you encounter bugs in the game.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Lobaluz

Re: Correcting and bugs

Postby Alpyre » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Hi Lubaluz...

Thanks a lot for translating this great game. I am totally addicted to it.
I am very good at English. I'll do inform you if I find anything awkward in translations.

C ya!
Alpyre

Postby HyperDashSC2 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:13 am

There are a few akward translations, but i haven't come across any that make it hard to understand! :D
HyperDashSC2

Postby time_warrior66 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:53 am

I have encountered a bug that's preventing me from completing the game. I'll try to explain as best as possible.

I'm currently in Hyrule Castle. I freed zelda from the prison cell. But before I could finish the game, I had to
save my progress and quit. However, when I return to finish the game I can't do much. The point that I start at
is the stairs leading out onto the balcony in front of the room leading to Ganondorf. So when i go up those stairs Zelda
appears right in front of me and I can't move on to fight the final boss. If I try to wander around the castle, she appears
in the door way of the door I just came through preventing me to go back.

I hope I explained it clear enough as I would love to finish this game.
time_warrior66

Postby Lobaluz » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:10 am

Hmmm when did you save exactly ?
So when i go up those stairs Zelda
appears right in front of me and I can't move on to fight the final boss.

Did you try to talk to her in that case ?
Lobaluz

Postby HyperDashSC2 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:49 am

Oh, I remember that! i thought i was stuck too, but she will talk to you if you hit space, and she'll move. :lol:
HyperDashSC2

Postby time_warrior66 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:22 pm

Thanks Hyperdash. WIth that bit of info, I was able to complete the game. I had a 94% completion rate. It was a pretty good game despite at some points I felt the game got very cheap in the difficulty department. Overall though, I could easily recommend this to any Zelda fan.
time_warrior66

Postby Alpyre » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:49 pm

Hi Lobaluz,

I finally have completed the game. The story and map design was brilliant. This is the first Zelda game I've ever played. I can honestly say that every second spent playing it was a pleasure.

I have come across some awkward translations as I played the game and took some notes. Here they are together with my suggestions:

* Again 1 before having a new heart
- Collect 1 more to have a new heart

* Again 7 different enemies before the next reward
- Bring 7 different enemies for the next reward

* You found the 7 crystals? So go right now to the castle, first you have to deliver the princess. She will know better then I how to save Hyrule.
- You've found the 7 crystals? So go to the castle right now. You have to find the princess first. She will know better then me how to save Hyrule.

* Your heart count just increases
- You've gained a new heart.

* Defeated all kinds of enemies
- Enemies defeated

(*) The original text that I've met throughout the game
(-) My humble suggesstions for a better meaning.

See ya and keep up the good work!
Alper
Alpyre

Postby Lobaluz » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:56 am

Great !
You are the first one to do that, and honestly it helps a lot, so keep doing that if you want, in OLB for instance.

It's too late for ROTH or OLB, but I will take note of what you said and keep it in mind when I traduce 3T. ;)

Thank you :D .
Lobaluz

Postby Zunar » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:02 pm

EDIT: Long post is long, see next page
Last edited by Zunar on Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zunar

Next

Return to Zelda ROTH