Do you like the game?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 9

Do you like the game?

Postby Disparado » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Your opinion about the game. .You can explain why.
Disparado

Re: Do you like the game?

Postby suloku » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:29 am

I'm enjoying it very much, the new engine makes it feel even more like a Zelda game and some things that bothered me in the previous games have been changed:

- The charge attack is useful (in the previous games it was too slow and almost always missed)
- Touching a bush with the sword charged breaks it
- The hook doesn't teleport
- Heart and rupee animations
- The boomerang (even though you can't launch it in diagonal)
- Link is blond (that's a nice detail).
- And the best one: the force gem detector, wich tells you if a near area still has a gem.

The Navi magic system is great, I mostly use the heal spell, but I should try the attack one more since it doesn't consume that much magic. Overall the game feels very fluent, but I feel like previous games had more hints about where to go at each moment, since I'm having difficulties finding the dungeons. Right now I'm trying to find the 5th dungeon (already have the hammer and lantern) but I can't find it. Lvl 3 shield, lvl 3 sword, navi all at lvl4.

By the way, I ported the game to PSP and I'm playing there, I'm playing it while testing, when I finish it 100% and make sure there's no problems I'll release it.
100% Rank ROTH-OLB-3T-NSQ
suloku

Postby Vincent » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:07 pm

A PSP version ? nice ^^
Vincent
Site Admin

Postby suloku » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Yes, I think it is ready for release. I has a random crash problem (I guess due to memory constraints) that I haven't been able to solve, but I changed "save and quit" to a "save and continue", so saving frequently in dungeons and when getting important items like heart pieces, new weapons and objects is a way to workaround it.
This random crashing only happened 3-4 times in a full 14 hours gameplay, so I think it is acceptable.
There's also some slowdown in some areas, but that was expected since the other 3 games also had this kind of problem, in fact NSQ works better than the previos titles, which had a LOT of projectile lagg, while NSQ doesn't have any, the lagg is more related to the size of the map you are in and the number of enemies in it: 4-5 enemis in a little room has no lag, while 3 enemies in a big room lags a little.

Overal: fully playable and enjoyable in a portable version. Here's proof:

Spoiler: Display
I know there's an expert mode and another unlockable (oni link mode), but I have no clue what to do to earn them. I guess something like complete the game in less than X time and complete it with certain requirements, like the other games previously did, I'm not really into those kind of challenges, so I guess NSQ ends here for me (well, I guess playing ROTH, OBL, T3 and NSQ one after the other left a mark on me).

By the way, it was really hard to notice that Navi adquired a new attack at the final boss.

Oh, and thank god you improved the force gem detector. Also, it helped not having to toogle between three different times.
100% Rank ROTH-OLB-3T-NSQ
suloku

Postby Vincent » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:43 pm

Try to obtain the 3 ranks if you want unlock additional content ^^
Vincent
Site Admin

Postby Kukironosuke » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:14 pm

great game

i loved the visuals, the music, the map layout and the puzzles

i did find a few things that may want touching up, one npc's dialouge at one point got cut off but i will have to re-play it to find where

the thought of perfect running this game terrifies me, but i look forward to trying
Kukironosuke

Postby Disparado » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:11 pm

This game is awesome.(Sorry, french version^^^^)
Disparado

Postby Kapra » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:11 am

I have previously played all of the ROTH games, including several replays of Z3T. I am glad to see these games being continued, and did enjoy this new game. But I don't think this new game is the best. I am going to explain my criticism, and I don't mean this out of insult. I hope you can take my thoughts into consideration should a fifth game be made, and decide for yourself if my thoughts are justified.
  • The main problem I notice with this game is the boss difficulty. For most of the dungeons, the dungeon boss is easier than the minibosses. I'm not sure if the minibosses should be weaker or if the bosses should be stronger, but the bosses should be the ones that are more difficult.
  • I feel the song of soaring was obtained a little too late into the game, it should have been obtained sooner. By the time you get the song, you're pretty much done with most of your bartering.
  • I liked the idea of making regular shops more useful, such as including things like the boots in the shops. But I think some of them are a bit easy to miss. That being said, I also like how you put some bartering NPCs like the Frosty Rock person indoors. I kind of wished there was more of this, but I can also see how this can be potentially annoying as well. I hope you guys continue this in future games, finding what you decide to be a good balance between market-barterers and building-barterers.
  • I missed the multiple currencies from Z3T, but at the same time the currencies from Z3T were a little annoying. So I'm a bit undecided on this matter.
  • Force gems didn't feel as useful in this game as they did in Z3T. The force gems in Z3T felt harder to get/find. In addition, Force gems in this game were just given to a fairy with limited choices on what you can do with them. The Force Gem shop was instead replaced with a Shell shop. Shells didn't really feel like things you earned, you just happened to get them while trying to get other things done. And rather than like paying 20 force gems for an item you payed 2 shells for an item, making the crucialness of collecting objects fell less prominent. That being said, you don't feel like you earned shells, and earning force gems doesn't feel worthwhile. Especially if getting all the force gems are mandatory for game completion.
  • The overworld felt boring for some reason. I'm not sure what it was, perhaps because there was no having to time travel at a specific spot then time travel back at another spot to reach previously unreachable areas, but it felt really boring. I'm not sure what you can do to fix this but I hope you keep it in mind.
  • I loved the illustrations in this game, my compliments to the artist.
  • I only got stuck in this game three times, and all three times I managed to figure it out on my own, albeit with a few hours of being stuck and some research on google translate on the french forums. This is really good, because I got stuck on Z3T way more than this, and it is really frustrating when you get stuck in a game and don't know what you are missing or what you are doing wrong.
  • There was no "challenging" dungeon in this game. I was looking for some sort of more puzzle-based dungeon, like the Temple of Wisdom in the present in Z3T. I loved that dungeon and how it took a lot of thinking to solve.
  • I am glad fishing form Z3T is not recycled, I hated that fishing.
  • I am kind of sad that the monster journal from Z3T wasn't brought over, but that's not really necessary either. Just something I thought was fun as a completionist.
  • I liked the sidequest where you had to rush to find the exact monster specified within a given amount of time.
  • For dungeon #6 in the graveyard area, I was kind of expecting you to be able to unuse and reuse the Moon Peal, and the eye doors allowing monsters (pink bunny link) in, rather than link being invisible.
  • Story felt kind of absent in this game. There was rarely a storyline mentioned, and when it was mentioned it was brief, like in the Fairy Temple. I kind of wish there was more of a prominent story. I also loved the minor storyline implications in Z3T, such as Ganondorf's presence in the past's bar in Z3T, and how he later destroyed it in the future.
  • I liked the idea of the Fairies Temple. A concise, short dungeon to earn a sword upgrade, with some storyline tacked on. But I don't like how you need to collect all the force gems, mandatory, in order to complete the game. I feel like this should have been something optional.
  • If you didn't know about the Fairy Temple/fourth spell and were almost done with the final boss, you could spend hours trying to figure out how to damage him. Not knowing that you're missing an attack to do so.
  • The final boss felt really out of place and didn't feel significant for killing it, it felt like any other boss.
  • Oni Link/Fierce Deity Link felt really out of place and really tacked on. I don't think he should have been in this game and he felt really irrelevant.
  • Those mother***ing turtles from temple #6. . . I wanted to ragequit.
Its sort of difficult to play this game and not compare it to Z3T, I don't want it to be in Z3T's shadow. In its own right, it is a fun game. I think Z3T was better/more fun but that doesn't change the success of NSQ. I hope what I have to say could be taken with some consideration, and I hope I don't sound like a complete a-hole. Thank you.

Edit: Oh, and I'd like to be able to make the default setting be windowed mode, not fullscreen mode. I think Z3T had an option to force it to be windowed mode when the game first started, but I could find no such option in NSQ.

Edit 2: I also liked the option to choose which spriteset of link you wanted. Personally, I prefer pink haired link, so I'm glad I still had the option to play as him rather than having to use the blonde version.

Edit 3: I keep forgetting things. In addition to the monster collection journal, the NPC that rewards you for collecting monsters was also missed. The NPCs that move are as annoying as ever. I would be fine with moving NPCs, if you were able to push them out of the way.
Kapra

Postby Disparado » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:26 pm

Thank you for your opinion, it is really complete.
But I think that Vincent wanted to create a game out of the trilogy.
He brought new things, like the fairy and new characters that are not in the world of Zelda.
It is true that Vincent has kept elements of the trilogy .....
NSQ is not the Roth trilogy, but just went Link adventure.
Disparado

Postby Ethangold60 » Thu May 28, 2015 3:26 pm

I GOT SHADES!!!!!!!
Ethangold60

Return to Zelda NSQ